Dyslexia and Fragrance
Aromatherapy is a form of complementary healthcare that can work alongside more conventional treatments. Studies have shown that inhaling certain aromas can have an almost immediate effect on the limbic area of the brain – the centre of our emotions and memory (Buck and Axel, 1991; Wilkinson et al., 1999).
The therapeutic power of essential oils helps the body to heal itself. Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment of the whole person, not just of his/her symptoms. The essential oil ylang-ylang is said to be one of the best for nervous tension and to counter the build up of frustration. Rosemary is believed to help with stress disorders and to aid concentration. A massage that covers the head, upper back, upper arms, shoulders, neck, scalp and face is particularly effective at relieving stress.
Our products have been created to benefit users in the following ways.
- Relaxation and creating calmness
- Help with concentration and learning
- Helping with transitioning and adjusting
- Fears of abandonment
- Low self esteem and confidence
- Feeling unable to form bonds,
- Fears of loneliness, isolation
- Anti social behaviour and anger
- Issues with communication
- Feeling low, depressed, unheard, misunderstood